Did you know that you can use Sage 100 integration for new year goal-setting? The end of the year marks the season during which many businesses close out their books for the year, compare end of year accomplishments to goals, and establish goals for the new year. With Sage 100 integration complete, you have the information at your fingertips to help you set challenging yet achievable goals for the new year.
Sage 100 Integration: Dig into Your Data
With Sage 100 integration, you now have data from many parts of your company all in one system. This includes e-commerce data, customer information, accounting data and more. Dig into your data and analyze every metric that supports better business decision-making and goal-setting for the new year. Some ideas include:
- Analyzing gross and net revues per month and quarter to determine seasonal goals.
- Reviewing staff needs against sales figures to adjust staff levels for seasonal fluctuations.
- Establishing sales plans and marketing plans for the new year.
- Examining the profit margins of your products and determine which to keep or discontinue based on profitability and sales figures.
Set Your New Year’s Resolutions
Based on this information, what are you goals for the new year? A look at your billing and collections cycles may spark ideas for how to shorten the time it takes to receive payment after billing. A quick glance at your inventory data may uncover several products that need to be discontinued based on soft sales.
You can use the data derived from your Sage 100 system to set goals and KPIs for the new year. By basing them on data collected over the course of the previous year, you have a benchmark against which to measure success in the coming year.
As you set your goals for the new year, keep mind that the best goals are:
- Specific: They include specific items to accomplish, goals to achieve, or quantifiable information such as the number of gross sales, customers and more.
- Measurable: Goals can only be achieved if they are measurable.
- Attainable: Make sure that the goals you set for your company are attainable. You may wish to exceed $20 million in revenue, but if the total market supports only $10 million in business, it may be impossible to attain your goal.
- Timely: As part of your goal-setting exercise, add a time limit to your goal, with milestones to achieve midway. Milestones can also be used to break down big goals into measurable, management portions that are easier to achieve.
Lastly, as you move forward with your goal-setting and business plans for the new year, keep in mind that plans should be written down. Once they are in writing, it is easier to share them with your team. You don’t need a fancy business plan software; a simple template from the common word processing software companies can help you create a professional business plan.
Consider sharing your company goals widely within the company, perhaps providing a summary to the entire staff at a company meeting. The more your team shares your goals, the easier it will be motivate everyone to achieve your goals.
At ROI Consulting, we help companies with Sage 100 e-commerce integration and more. We invite you to contact ROI Consulting today to learn more about IN-SYNCH. Please call us at (402) 934-2223 ext. 1 to discuss your needs with an experienced consultant.